You can now access a variety of services online without having to phone or visit the surgery. Sign up now to GP online services and you will be able to use a website or app to:
Online services offered
We now offer our patients a variety of on-line services. Once you have registered for the service you can
- Check, book and cancel routine appointments
- Order repeat prescriptions
- View you summary care record (allergies and current medications)
All you need to do to enable this is to come in to the practice and request your on-line registration letter. This letter is only issued subject to satisfactory ID confirmation – we take patient confidentiality very seriously.
Once you have this letter, it is a simple matter to register for on-line access via one of the approved portals.
We have prepared a step by step help guide for the first option, Patient Access, for anyone who would like some assistance.
- Please note we look closely at all applications for access to make sure they are genuine
- Access can also be withdrawn at any time if there are concerns about patient confidentiality
Patient Access Video Tutorials
Please note some of these services may not yet be available at the Practice. Please check with reception.
Abuse of the Online System
Abuse of the system includes, but is not exclusive to the following:
- Sending needless or abusive messages to the Practice
- Repeatedly booking and cancelling appointments
- Repeatedly booking appointments over a short period of time
- Booking appointments and not attending them
- Any offensive or abusive messages through the service
- Requesting prescriptions that you do not need.
If you are the parent of any children under the age of 12 you will need to fill in a ‘proxy’ access form to view their details. You can also grant access to a carer if you wish.
We take the security of your information very seriously. Our clinical systems provider ensures that the information you provide when using the online services portal is protected. All communications with the web site are encrypted, using the same high security that major banks use for their internet transactions (128 bit SSL). Only you can see the personal information you enter.
Using the most up-to-date version of your web browser also improves security of information. Remember to close the browser after use, especially if someone else could access your computer.